I’ve been seeing pictures of this kind of corn for a while, so I had to give it a try. I knew I’d love it because it gets rolled in cheese. We love cheese. Only requiring five ingredients and six steps, it was an easy addition to the grilled fish and vegetables we threw together this week.
Spicy Grilled Corn with Cotija
- 2 ears of corn, shucked
- 2 Tbsp. plain greek yogurt (you could sub in a mixture of butter, mayonnaise or cream cheese, I suppose)
- 2 – 4 oz crumbled cotija cheese
- Ground chili powder and cayenne pepper to taste
- 1 lime
- Boil corn a few minutes until cooked, but still crisp
- Grill corn to get it slightly blackened
- Brush each ear with yogurt
- Roll each ear in the crumbled cheese
- Sprinkle with ground pepper mixture
- Squeeze lime juice over each ear
Eat up! (The typewriter eating method is optional.)
June 3, 2011 11:56 am
Gonna try it! Looks delish!